SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter, GRS, Ganymede, shadow, 28 November 2012

cosmological

After one or two failled attempts I finally managed to image Jupiter plus its Great Red Spot, Ganymede and its shadow. Taken using an unmodded Toucam and an IR blocking filter attatched to a 200 mm Skywatcher Explorer with a 3x barlow and 1227 images stacked.

I had the added problem of Jupiter going behind the trees during imaging, where I am there's trees everywhere and I only had a small area to place my telescope, I just can't avoid them so I was having to deal with an image that was darkening then brightening for most of the time, but one good thing about winter is all the leaves have fallen so I can see through the trees. Also I couldn't see the northern sky so it was just a case of pointing the mount what I reckoned was north, so constantly having to press the direction button to keep the image in the centre of the field

Capture28_11_201211_05_06PM.jpg

Archived