Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter/Europa, best seeing ever!

Jupiterholic

I'm sure there will be a lot of these appearing on here today after the amazing seeing we had last night. What a relief to finally get some really good conditions. I was losing faith in the great British weather. UK skies don't play ball very often, but nights like last night make it worth the wait every time. After the weather we've had in 2012, this coming so late in the year feels like the payoff.

This was taken at F20 through my C8 SCT using an IR block filter.

29112012225606.jpg

Spectacular image from a very special night. The seeing was simply awesome. Not sure i've ever seen Jupiter look so crisp and detailed. And the shadow of Europa was just the icing on the cake.

Yes was awesome and this is a lovely effort. Thanks for posting it. I spotted the shadow transit with a brand new 5mm BST around 9 pm. The shadow was a crisp pinpoint of black ink. What a first light result!!!

Archived