30sec_exposures_2021.jpg.48851b1871a4bf9500ebd53c3e790d81.jpg

Venus?

Hi all

While playing my PS2 just about ten mins ago,I saw a really really bright star, it was easy as bright as the moon.

So i turned of my PS2,I then rushed to my Celestron firstscope 114 eq (F=900mm F/8 :clouds2: :clouds2:) I then put in my 10mm e/p (casue of the field of view) it took me about 5 mins to get it in view (and by that time it was nearly setting down pass the houses in my back garden :clouds2: :clouds2:).

When it was in view and focus i saw something that puzzled me............................................

The star was not a normal star it hasd a cresent phase(just like venus).

And anyway i just wanded (because i ain`t got no December star map) if this star was Venus.If it wasn`t does anybody know what star it was.

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

-Cheers-

=Moonhunter=

That bright, in the west at evening = Venus. No doubt. :clouds2:

Cheers Warthog

I feel like such a :knob: :clouds2: for asking because just after i posted it i found the topic "Venus" with pics of Venus with looked a bit like what i saw( but smaller).

I`m sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited now i`ve got a 16:00 date with Venus tommorrow :clouds2:

I've got a bleedy house in between me a Venus!!! :clouds2:

I`m the same.But i will be able to catch :clouds2: Venus before she sets behind them?(I`ve also got a couple of trees on my left side of the Garden)(they are not mine)and three big trees on my right).  :clouds2:

It`s blumming cloundy down here clounds are turn more gray by the minute :clouds2:.So i might not be able to see Venus to(night/day).unfair :clouds2:.

Is Venus really white or is it that redey orangey colour or is it my telescope?

It`s blumming cloundy down here clounds are turn more gray by the minute :clouds2:.So i might not be able to see Venus to(night/day).unfair :clouds2:.

Carl,

Its white, with it being so low down the atmosphere will be playing its tricks with the color.

Gaz

Don't worry Carl, as gaz said it's the atmosphere.

As an object gets lower in the sky it [the light] has to travel through more atmosphere - as it's coming in at an angle. The atmosphere absorbs more blue light then red (hence the blue sky) and the colour is shifted towards the red end...

Ant

Carl,

Its white, with it being so low down the atmosphere will be playing its tricks with the color.

Gaz

When i saw Venus it was white.I just wanted to know what colour it was because in some of the astronomy mags/pictures it`s that redy orangy colour.

-cheers you guys-

I`m sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

happy.There were no :lol: and i finally got my chance to see Venus again.But this time with the Celestron Omni Plossl 6mm Eyepiece.lovely jubbly,and i also got to see a Boeing 747 for about 2 or 3 secs.But it`s still something at the end of the day.I`m, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo chuffed.Venus look well clear with the 6mm it look liked i had a expensive scope. :clouds2: woooooohoooooo rock on. :clouds2: :hello1: :lol: :walk: :wav: :thumbup: :thumbleft: :thumbright::(:lol::clouds2::(:clouds2::lol::(:clouds2: :clouds2: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :tongue1: :tongue2: :tongue3: :tongue4: :tongue5: :tongue6: :tongue7: :toothy10: :toothy9: :toothy8: :toothy7: