Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

fenrisulfr

Hello

Greetings,

My wife surprised me with an Orion 130st as an early a Christmas present. I've thouroghly enjoyed seeing Jupiter and its 4 moons and also the moon craters. Looking forward to seeing a lot more! Located near Columbus Ohio.

Trying to figure the equatorial mount out......

• Like 3

Welcome to SGL.

Equatorial mounts seem complicated at first, but they're fine once you get the hang of them.

James

So i watched the eyes on the sky youtube videos this morning and i totally got the hang of it tonight. We saw Jupiter the best we've seen it yet. We saw M45 which was totally cool! Lastly, we looked around Orion's belt but didn't see much. I'm totally happy. Oh yea and we are in the middle of a city with a ton of light, cant wait to go somewhere dark!

He and welcome to SGL.

Great gift and a good time of year to start observing, nice long evenings and all the winter goodies plus Jupiter.

Keep on enjoying the views.

Hi Fenrisulf, welcome to the forum. The 130's are lovely scopes, and you should get many great nights viewing with it.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I must say that was a nice surprise - the best I get from my better half is a shrug of the shoulders and the words "....very nice dear, what am I supposed to be looking at?" Bless, you can only help them so far! :grin: :grin:

Clear skies for the next observing session and hope you enjoy the forum

James