SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Who ordered the white fluffy stuff?

MJP

The weather forecast for tonight was clear skies. I just got everything set up and aligned when in rolled the clouds. All I could observe was Jupiter, for a while, then the Moon through cloud.

Jupiter seemed to have three distinct bands. Maybe it was just poor seeing or have others seen this?

Mike

Clear here and the views of the transit of Europa plus it's shadow across Jupiters disk have been excellent :smiley:

Sorry for those who have the annoying fluffy stuff though - we have had enough of that in the West Country for a while !

Same here in Notts, got all set up to observe one of Jupiter's moons transitting for the first time.. Managed to get about a total of 2-3 minutes at the EP in between clouds. Still, seeing was ok, if a little inconsistent. Could just about make out the shadow :)

It's mostly clear here in Beds at the mo. There was a lot of thin cloud earlier. I wish I'd had my imaging technical hitches tonight instead of last night! :eek:

I'm tempted to get the grab and go outside and have a look at Jupiter.

Archived