Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

beau-bill

Hello I am phil

I recently bought the Nexstar SE6 from Celesstron .. now in the manual It says that Ottawa Ontario is in zone 6 but when I satrt the three star alignment and succeed the scope slews to a totally different part of the sky .. I think I am in the wrong zone and It isstandard time at this period of the year isnt it? Maybe if I try a different zone ... any hints out there ......phil

• Like 3

A warm welcome to SGL ive seen people on here say to make sure you enter the day month and year the right way round e.g dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy it could be this but there will be someone who will help you soon, good luck.

This happened to me with my Celestron CG5GT. The only thing that cured it was to go into the menu and and fine 'Factory Reset' or was it just 'Reset'. Anyway did that and it was fine, Good luck

Hi Phil. Welcome to the forum! I got caught out with the date entry for my Nexstar handset - it had to be in mm/dd/yy format. Also, is the timezone 6 or -6 (minus 6) in the manual? It may be worth cycling through the menu options for timezone to see if it's -6 for your location.

Tim.

Hello Phil, I am unsure about your scope's setup, just recheck positioning when setting up and double check the entries into the handset.

Hope you sort it soon, otherwise make a post in the beginner section and people will be sure to help you.

Welcome to SGL.

Hi Phil and welcome - as already mentioned, double check the details you entered - I had to do a factory reset on my Celestron to get it working first time round