Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Adapter Required

J_M_Franklin

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place for this, but cannot decide which is the better one..

Here is my problem;

I have an old Telephoto lens that is an 86mm achromatic and has a variable focal length of 600 to 1300mm. I have had this years and don't really use it anymore, it's no good for astrophotography as it stands but after some experimenting with various eyepieces jerry rigged in the end of the lens I have found it makes a very good and effective refractor telescope...and as I want a larger finder/secondary scope on my LX90 this would seem to be a good use for old equipment.

The lens has a 42mmx0.75mm male thread on the end for the attachment of camera adapters. I have had a look for a female threaded adapter that would allow the use of either a single or interchangeable eyepieces on the lens.

Does anyone know of any such adapter, or perhaps a couple of adapters that would allow the end game I want...

Thanks everyone.

Jim

Michael, the adaptor arrived by UPS today and I have tried it out...EXCELLENT, I put in a 40mm eyepiece to start, and it was even clearer and better than my experiments..this will not only make a handy second small scope, but with and illuminated reticle it will make a brilliant finder and guide scope...saved some money there and got to "recycle" an otherwise unused Camera Lens...

Looked at Jupiter earlier....clear as day could make out 5 of the Moons and the bands were clear even in this small "scope"...it needs mounting though as rather heavy at 2.7kg!!

Archived