Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

earth titan

Must be a full moon

Cos it's clear tonight :-/

Looks like Jupiter imaging then.

post-6511-135408781666_thumb.jpg

Typed by me on my fone, using fumms... Excuse eny speling errurs.

Edited by earth titan
  • Like 2

It will be imaging with a Ha filter for me tonight if it's clear our way, I need some more shots of the Horsehead anyway. I'll skip trying to see the Horsehead visually for the first time!

Edited by Luke

Things in China are clear and bright. I tried to take a picture of Jupiter but my equipment is lacking, lol. But it looked lovely with three of its moons visible.

Sitting here now just waiting for the moon to enter the earth's shadow... It's cold!!!

Indeed!

I was wondering what might be some nice targets for tonight.

Nebulae and galaxies are not going to be so hot, but does anybody have any good suggestions for anything else to look at?

Don't forget the Lunar eclipse just after midnight :smiley:

Work night I'm afraid.

Off to bed.

Eeek, I had one of those nights where everything goes wrong with the imaging kit! I seem destined not to complete the horsehead or IC1396!

My extension power cable seems dodgy, which I thought was causing the problems. But it looks like it might have been my USB hub that was the problem, with it losing conection to the guide camera every now and again. Which then gave my software the hump, and that started acting up!

Any thoughts of getting a refractor out for a few quick views were ruined by my stroppy imaging kit! :shocked:

Onwards and upwards I guess! Anyone manage to get some nice visual done last night despite the moon?

Edited by Luke

I didn't bother with the eclipse, too tired and several busy days ahead. I did take a few snaps of the Moon and Jupiter this moroning, as they started to get low in the West, I'll see how they came out laterer....

Got some fantastic visual Jupiter viewing. Some of the best I've ever had.

Clear GRS with loads of detail. Barrages, festooned, the works. Too bright for DSO, but fabulous seeing.

Typed by me on my fone, using fumms... Excuse eny speling errurs.