my failure m42

turbotim

I tried to go a focal on a dso for the first time with a dslr attached to my scope. Ive shot the moon before but this was different. Deep sky stacker would not stack my 5 pics because it could not detect enough stars, i messed with the star threshold and managed to detect 26stars and it still wouldnt stack. So here is one of the exposures with 9blacks and tweaked a little. My problem is is it didnt stack,and when i take a widefield at 1600iso i get nebulosity and not to bright and over exposed core, what did i do wrong, not long enough exposure? to high of and iso cause i shot it at 1600, should i of used a filter? And i know my tracking will need to be improved. I just wish they would of stacked! Please help and thanks. The pics were 1minute exp.1600iso, and i shot darks with lens and cap on!post-9014-0-21996800-1354027043_thumb.jp

Archived