SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Anyone up for a Devon get together?

I am a bit of a noob to be honest and not the most available of people during the week as I work shifts, but would be up for a get together. I am just outside Plymouth right next to the A38 so can travel to pretty much anywhere without too much trouble.

Anyone?

Cheers

Mike.

Steve,

Thanks for the reply, I work with a lady from the CAG so have been getting info on that, as soon as the RWC is over (with England as back to back champions of course) will head down there and have a look. I know how hopeless it is to get time for anything when you are busy, and I never realised how bad the weather is when you are actually waiting for a Saturday or Sunday night to be not only dry but clear :D

Cheers

Mike.

• 1 month later...

Hi Mike,

Only just checked in. Saw your message. I'm also new to the star world. Would be keen to meet up in the spring . I am based near Ilsington [ on edge of Moor] near Ashburton only 2 miles from A38 . So half way along between Exeter and Plymouth along the A38 corridor.

I bought a meade LX90 10" off Steve [ Moderator] last year. I have had so much fun, but my adventures and learning are only just at the star formation stage. See you in the spring maybe. I also suffer from lack of time and lack of good clear nights when I need them!

Paul Mac

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Guy's

I'll look at my diary for the next few weeks and try and set something up...Be gentle as i'm away every couple of weeks a month till November :D With work and bike tours, but i'll try my best to get us all together, even if it's a pint in a pub on Dartmoor :D

How much notice would everyone need..??

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be up for driving out to meet & dragging a scope with me - although I'm up in Barnstaple so it's a bit more of a jaunt to get down to Plymouth so may not make it as often as you get together. And others in North Devon looking for observing buddies? I love getting out with my scope but boy is it a lonely hobby.

Greg, James and I will be at the Callington Community Astronomy Group in Devon - with some kit - Sat 1st March at 19.30

Why not join us :lol:

Click HERE for details.

While I'd love to come along to this one, I'll have to skip as I've got shifts to work :D

Are there no other stargazers here in North Devon?

I have a nice dark site & permission to use near South Molton - it even has a "shed" with a kitchen and toilet facilities.

Hi Xunil

Whilst i dont actually live in Devon,Both of my brothers do (One in Fremington and one in the middle of nowhere near Torrington) so i do come down your way a fair bit.When i do come down we could always arrange a meet up :D.

Hi Xunil

Whilst i dont actually live in Devon,Both of my brothers do (One in Fremington and one in the middle of nowhere near Torrington) so i do come down your way a fair bit.When i do come down we could always arrange a meet up :D.

Sounds like a great idea, PM sent with contact details :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived