Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

starman72

Hi Everyone

Hi im David new here but loved astronomy for long time just got my first telescope 5.1 inch skywatcher been enjoying great views of Jupiter,also been enjoying taurid meteors which been happening this month.

• Like 3

Hi David and welcome to the forum. If you want some help understanding the constellations, help identifying what you're looking at and also knowing where to find stuff, then why not take a look at a free piece of planetarium software called "Stellarium", you can read more here. It's easy to use with a lot of great features to keep you busy when the clouds come in (....and stay in! :grin:)

Clear skies for now and enjoy the forum

James

Hi Everyone

I am starting from the bottom for learning about astronomy, so as I start to learn I will probably be asking lots of basic questions I hope people don’t mind? My first of many is what do people think of the Skywatcher Startravel 102 AZ3 Telescope for beginners any thoughts and opinions much welcome before I purchase?

My background

Bat Consultant for planning applications (Plenty of night work)

Cheers

Matt

Hi David and welcome to the forum. If you want some help understanding the constellations, help identifying what you're looking at and also knowing where to find stuff, then why not take a look at a free piece of planetarium software called "Stellarium", you can read more here. It's easy to use with a lot of great features to keep you busy when the clouds come in (....and stay in! :grin:)

Clear skies for now and enjoy the forum

James

Hi David, welcome and what James said above.......

Phil.

Hi David,

Welcome to SGL.

I see you're from Harrogate, a beautiful town and close by some lovely countryside.

Enjoy your new scope, any questions you have just ask.