Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Year long Andromeda project

madjohn

Hi folks

Haven't posted for a while but wanted to share this ongoing Andromeda project of mine that I've been adding data to for about a year.

This image is made up of over 18 hrs of data at various exposures ranging from 1 min, 2 min, 5, and 10 min subs all at ISO 1600 using my modded Canon 450D and Orion ED 80.

I've recently captured 6 hours of 15 min sub exposures using my WO Zenithstar 66 to finally paint in the dusty halo but am having some issues with the processing of it and will update this image when I'm eventually happy with it.

All completed using Deep Sky Stacker and Photoshop CS3.

Hope you like it.

post-2542-0-97603000-1353928280_thumb.jp

Thanks all, I deliberately tried not to boost the colours too much, likewise with the contrast as you lose the faint outer halo by doing so. Andromeda is vast in the sky when you realise how far out the faint outer halo extends. It's quite hard to get all the different light levels in one image, hence the time it's taken me to work on this image. :wink:

Archived