SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

claire1985

8th December I'm off to snowdonia for the weekend to finish our welsh 14 peaks challenge, staying in Wales near very dark skies so I am hoping for clear skies. Last time we went we descended in the dark and although it was snowing there were very brief breaks in the cloud and I was blown away. Hoping to get some serious astronomy done, assuming I'm not completely shattered from a long day in the mountains x

I have some, was given to me off a nice gentleman off here :-) they will be in the boot definitely :-D x

Maybe it's because I'm not feeling well, but huh? Lol x

You said they will be in the boot, I'm playing on words... Car boot / boot on left or right foot :D

You'll have to excuse my Essex boy humour!

Really good to see that you didn't give up and are making the best of the bins :D

That brings back memories. I remember competing 40 years ago in what was then the Cambrian March (roof top of Wales walk) now the Cambrian Patrol.

It was an Army endurance/reconnaissance exercise, 8 man teams covering 37miles in 48hrs with 60lb packs and the 13 peaks.

It's now the closest thing to the SAS selection endurance course.

Have a great time, and take care.

Wow!! Before march this year I'd never set foot on a mountain and I'm not exactly the skinniest fittest person so to do the 14 in 9 months for me is a big achievement specially as we only get to go once a month Sometimes less.

Ben Nevis is the next goal :-)

And I will wrap up warm. Always do :-)

Was caught out in a blizzard last time, not nice at all!! Can't wait though, thanks everyone xxx

Archived