SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

apple isight

hi thanks for that but will i be able to fit one to my pc or just to apple computers

I'm no consumer/electronics expert but i feel if it is an Apple product...........it will only be able to be used with other Apple products such as a Mac.

Apple dont leave their products wide open to the general market............although they can be "hacked" to work with non Apple electronics............which means the warranty is null and void.

I really dont know. I'm assuming.

USB ports the world over are the same so that is not an issue. However its the drivers etc where you may encounter problems.

I have an isight and a while ago did a bit of research to see how suitable it would be to use for astro stuff - the general opinion seemed to be that whilst they are great cameras for normal usage, their low level light performance was quite noisy and that, coupled with the fact that they are not cheap webcams meant that there were much better options for conversion to a prime focus astro webcam

Archived