SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC1805 mosic still going

MikeD

I have got another two shots for my mosaic over the last two weeks.

So I thought I would have a quick go at putting it together, this is only a quick process (as after each shot I put the whole lot together from scratch, as a raw mosaic and then process it as one large image)

so I haven't botherd with the halos in this one just wanted to see if it all fitted together still.

The middle bottom shot was taken on a misty damp night ( the primary dewed up) and it looks like I Will have to do that shot again as it just dose not blend well.

Just need a run of clear nights to get moving on this so I can move on to the colour.

below is a link to the image as it is getting too big to post.

Mike

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lesley.deegan/astropics/mosaic5.jpg

Thanks guys.

Have you estimated what the total exposure time will be for the completed image?

No...... if i did I would probably stop now. :lol:

I guess there is at least 9 more to do so that is another 30 hours for the L plus 16 odd hours so far will bring it to 46 hours. and then the colour.

I am not even sure how far I will go with this, it depends on the weather.I don't want to spend all winter on one target.

Mike.

Cheers Dave.

I noticed in the bottom right hand frame of the mosaic, the nebulosity at about 4 o'clock from the bright star in the middle of that frame,the shape seems to repeat.

It dose it again around one o'clock from the same star.

Coincidence or shadow?

Mike.

It would be a lot easier from an obs, I wouldn't have to set it all up each time, but if it's clear while I am still constructing the obs, it would be rude not to grab some more shots. :lol:

Mike.

I noticed in the bottom right hand frame of the mosaic, the nebulosity at about 4 o'clock from the bright star in the middle of that frame,the shape seems to repeat.

It dose it again around one o'clock from the same star.

Coincidence or shadow?

Hmmm, I'm struggling to see what you mean Mike, perhaps I'm 'not seeing the wood for the trees'. :?

Dave

Thanks Ian will do.

So, now't to worry about there I guess :lol:

It's not that I was worried about a shadow I may have created in Stacking/processing, just curious about the struture of the nebular it's self. :D

Mike.

I admire your dtermination Mike, as well as everything else that is going into this massive undertaking. Not least the skill involved in putting the pieces altogether. It is going to be an awesome thing to behold in it's finished state.

I take my hat off to you for what you have acomplished even now.

Ron.

Archived