Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello

inedible_hulk

Hi,

I've been lurking on the forum for a couple of months now and the excellent advice available has helped me select my first scope and bag my first clusters and nebula. I’m now looking forward to many evenings with my Skywatcher 130p, BST Explorer eyepieces and copy of Turn Left at Orion. Wishing you all many evenings of clear skies :smiley:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum. Perhaps its my age but is there any chance you could increase the size of your text to make it a little easier to read. :smiley: Congratulations on deciding which scope to go for and clearly you have done the required research. Skywatcher scopes have great quality control and are certainly very popular amongst members here. In addition to getting "Turn Left at Orion" (great book!) you might want to think of downloading a free bit of planetarium software called "Stellarium" which you can read about here. Lots of great features to keep you entertained when the clouds come in (....looks outside and confirms they already have! :grin: ) and will certainly help you learn the constellation and where the main objects of interest can be found. Has a nice date/time advance feature that allows you to look at what is coming up later on in the evening and will certainly help you plan your observing session.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Perhaps its my age but is there any chance you could increase the size of your text to make it a little easier to read.

I'm a complete newcomer to forums as well and have been painfully aware of the font size of the post since I posted it! I have no idea why it came out so small. Hopefully this one will come out better :smiley:

Thanks for the advice on Stellarium, its perfect for nights like tonight.

Archived