SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

what do you dream?

Vince1963

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Olly... It sounds like you miss teaching to me.. Maybe you ought to still do it on a part time basis maybe go round schools doing talks or something similar. Maybe you feel you have more to do, teaching as obviously been a very big part of your life :laugh:

I teach imaging now for quite a lot of my time but not to youngsters any more, just to our guests.

Thinking about it, I recently did a presentation on the Sun, in French, at a local star party for a large audience of kids, which may be what has triggered this return of the old nightmare! I hadn't connected the two events before.

Olly

Hi Tziuriky... There really weird but very interesting dreams, I don't dream of being in space but i would like that.. Looking back at Earth that would be awesome :smiley:

Hi Vince1963 :)

I wish I would dream even more of being in space, those dreams can be very exciting :D

The downside of such dreams is, sadly, that when I wake up I realize they were just dreams, and that they are the only "space trips" and views of Earth from space that I will be ever able to afford. Very frustrating and very disappointing :embarrassed:

If you wonder a lot about space travel, and if you watch a lot of astro-related stuff (especially videos / movies) you'll be dreaming something. You can't imagine how many times I watched ISS videos and the "First Orbit" movie about Yuri Gagarin .... but also vintage shows like Space 1999 (I love that show!!!!) or old soviet documentaries about their rockets and probes :D they all add up suggestive data to your brain that will surely pop up in your dreams some nights :D (yes, I'm talking like an addicted ;) )

Clear Skies & Space Dreams :D

Cant believe you all have astronomy related dreams. i only have run of the mill dreams, like running down the high street & realising I have no clothes on!!

Fay

Hey Fay.. That's not a dream... That happens all the time me and my mates often see you down the high street.. We've got used to you now, We just say " there goes Fay again should we tell her she's no clothes on?... Nah!...lol.) :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I had a dream last night that I was reading an Internet forum about a bunch of weirdos who kept dreaming about astronomy related things.

You'll succumb to the powers that be.... We have you in our powers.. Whoooo!.. LOL :shocked:

Hi,

I have had two memorable astronomy dreams.

My first one did not really make too much sense however me and my family were in the garden having a BBQ and Saturn was absolutely massive in the sky (bigger than the sun) along with loads of different nebula's filling the sky with all of their colours.

And then about a week ago I had a dream where the world was hugely under threat. Saturn was approaching our planet and you could see it with the naked eye in the sky with it's rings etc. It wasn't massive but it was quite big just slightly smaller than the sun and Saturns moon Titan was due to hit Earth very shortly. Saturn was visible along with the sun to the right and if I looked right up into the sky you could see this giant moon filling a huge chunk of the sky. It gradually got bigger and bigger until it actually entered our atmosphere and slowly descended and crashed down into earth. It didn't make much sense though since I still survived as well as my family in my dream and earth wasn't destroyed but still a very fun dream.

About a week ago I had a dream where the world was hugely under threat. Saturn was approaching our planet and you could see it with the naked eye in the sky with it's rings etc. It wasn't massive but it was quite big just slightly smaller than the sun and Saturns moon Titan was due to hit Earth very shortly. Saturn was visible along with the sun to the right and if I looked right up into the sky you could see this giant moon filling a huge chunk of the sky. It gradually got bigger and bigger until it actually entered our atmosphere and slowly descended and crashed down into earth. It didn't make much sense though since I still survived as well as my family in my dream and earth wasn't destroyed but still a very fun dream.

I had a similar dream where it was our own moon that was colliding into us. In the dream I was able to wear my Mercury707 on my back and just unfold it to look at he, now very close, moon. Meteorites were falling from the moon and I was actually able to jump off of the moon and on to the earth.

I can also remember a dream where NASA took tourists to the moon and, because it was my birthday (in the dream), my parents took me.

I was really disappointed to realize it was a dream.

Thanks Vince! I think I will play a good part in that club :D

That Dream sounds really cool Ganymede, I think (even though it sucks you didn't get to go on the moon trip) its amazing our imagination produced such a wild fun dream and it makes sleeping so much more funner :D

Archived