Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

skywatcher crayford dual speed focuser for refractors

bish777

I purchased this focuser to replace the terrible focuser supplied with my Startravel 150.

Out of the box the weight of the thing surprised me. This is one big chunk of ally! It is much heavier than the original focuser which on the 150 is a blessing as the scope is very nose heavy. It shifts the weight back and whilst the overall weight increases makes the scope far easier to handle. It is finished a wonderful gloss black and on the surface the machining looks very neat and well done.

The focuser is rotatable by slackening off a knob on top of the unit and there is a tensioning knob on the bottom for heavy loads.

The fast and slow knobs are very nice, giving a very smooth focusing action. There is a little notchiness when the draw tube is extended quite a way but when using a diagonal it is not noticable.

The draw tube and the supplied 1 1/4"adaptor use compression rings.

Fitting is easy, undo three bolts at the end of the scope, pull off the old focuser and fit the new in the reverse order.

All in all very pleased- great upgrade for the startravel and evostar scopes.

Archived