Leifheit Multi Seat

Sobel

Fairly new on here, but just wanted to post up a quick review of the Leifheit multi seat.

10ncd1e.jpg

I purchased from Amazon for £38 with the sole intention of having something quick and easy to set up, small enough to store and cheap enough that if it broke in a year it's not a huge issue.

From these requirements I looked at quite a few options, from drummers stools, to generic ironing seats. In the end, based on a couple of recommendations on here and online I blind purchased the Leifheit multi chair.

I purchased it from Marketeer Products UK Ltd on Amazon, the product was dispatched fairly quickly and came reasonably packaged, for an odd shaped item it was adequate packaging.

There's not much to say about the setup of the chair, when stored it will be fairly flat, the seat will fold up vertically and the rear support leg also folds inwards allowing for storage. The build is of cheap metal and isn't well built by any stretch of the imagination, but it will be adequate for normal usage.

The plastic supports, which lock the seat and support legs in place are reasonably heavy duty, but due to the nature of how they work I imagine they will wear out over time, but when they're working they work well to keep everything together and secure.

The seat itself is fairly small and has minimal padding, intended for short periods of sitting. The seat also feels slightly tilted towards the floor (the front edge of the seat feels at a downwards angle) making it pretty easy to perch on. The seat has a lot of height adjustment, I haven't measure directly and I'll add the measurements when I get it out at the weekend, but I am confident the height range is more than enough to meet any requirement.

The method the seat height is adjusted is simplistic, but it works. there is a metal pin through the rear vertical metal support which goes through the seat. Either side are 2 plastic nuts which screw on, you can unscrew one side, remove the pin, slide the seat up or down, re insert the metal pin and reattach the plastic nuts, that's all there is to the adjustment, but one weakness I see are the plastic nuts, but should be easy enough to source replacements if they are lost or break.

Overall I'd give this

6/10 for build quality

8/10 for usability

5/10 for comfort

7/10 for cost effectiveness

But overall a 7/10, it will do the job and won't break the bank. I'll hopefully update again later next week with some better information once I get round to using it during an observing session.

HTH.

Archived