Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter & GRS 18.11.12

theo

Had some fairly good seeing in the early hours of Sunday morning and with the weather set for clear skies throughout the night I planned to stay out long enough to image Jupiter and the GRS (first time this year).

Here is one of the best so far. Really pleased with this one as I think it retains a natural feel to it which is always one of my goals when processing.

Taken with LX200ACF and DFK21 618 camera.

Hope you enjoy looking.

Pete.

post-22012-0-48463700-1353360099_thumb.j

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Pete, looks like you've got a beauty there. The seeing is so changeable down here in Yeovil that it's nigh on impossible to get an RGB set where any of the three are useable. Did you use your one-shot colour camera on this image? I'm tempted to get one myself as it's getting so frustrating to see my final colour composite dowgraded by a rogue R, G or B.

Budski, yes this is shot using the one shot colour cam. I can understand your frustration with the seeing conditions and RGB. If only we had more nights of stady skies as the mono imaging would still produce a finer image but I think the quality of the latest colour cams is keeping that gap quite small now.

Pete

Archived