Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Finderscope questions

Stormwatch

I have an Orion 8 x 50 finderscope which came with the C8 I got from Brian (Solar :lol:. However, I don't use it, since I got a Telrad, so I'm going to sell the finderscope.

How much should I be looking for, for such a thing?

And, when selling finderscopes should I be selling JUST the "OTA" as it were, or should I be including the bracket? I have a feeling the bracket should stay with the C8, and I should only be selling the finderscope tube?

And, when selling finderscopes should I be selling JUST the "OTA" as it were, or should I be including the bracket? I have a feeling the bracket should stay with the C8, and I should only be selling the finderscope tube?

About £25-£30 with the bracket or £15-£20ish without. OTA's are normally sold with both bracket and finder or without either then new owners fit their own - your choice.

John

About £25-£30 with the bracket or £15-£20ish without. OTA's are normally sold with both bracket and finder or without either then new owners fit their own - your choice.

John

Thanks for that John. The bracket that's on this finderscope is bigger than the ones I see looking on FLO's website and other places. I'll really need to post a picture of it when I sell it so folks can see whether it'll be needed or not.

Archived