Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quick Horsehead

Kai

I was outside this morning at 4am to have my first go at the Horsehead.

Usual set up of ED80 reduced 0.5 with a Atik 16 , with a Baader 7nm Ha filter

Combined stack of 38 90 second subs stacked in Maxim and minimal processing in CS2 (levels and curves only) with a little help from Noels actions

1670_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve, you are on the verge of promotion to the Premier League. That's an incredible image.

Mono does it for me on this subject. Just gives it that Authentic quality.

If I published a Mag. I would put that one in it.

:lol:

Now there's an Ha target! Great result Steve. You must have had a big smile on your face when you saw that come out. You can see the ionisation bands in the nebulosity which shows that you've got a good amount of detail. There's a funny bit of reticulation in there as well, have you been doing some sharpening?

Now there's an Ha target! Great result Steve. You must have had a big smile on your face when you saw that come out. You can see the ionisation bands in the nebulosity which shows that you've got a good amount of detail. There's a funny bit of reticulation in there as well, have you been doing some sharpening?

Yes when the first sub came in i had a smile on my face :D and yes i have to own up to some sharpening Martin

Oh very nicely done... a POTW contender I think

(Damn my tall house blocking my easterly view)

Note to self ......Keep on going for targets in the East :D

Steve this was due south when i started imaging this morning :lol:

To everyone else ....Thanks for the support

Its just beginning to click that the capture is the easy part , processing is the black art

what makes a great image for me is getting depth in the target, so you can see its a 3 dimensional object. as a beginner myself, thats something i find very difficult on all but the brightest of objects.

can certainly see the depth in that one.

Archived