SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M1 Crab nebula in narrowband

Lars

Still dipping my toes into narrowband imaging I decided to have a go a the crab nebula. Processing is done in a sort of Hubble palette with 15x10 min Ha as green, 16x10 min SII as red and 17x10 min OIII as blue. All binned 2x2 and imaged with an Atik 460 in an Orion AG12. Curves, levels, a little sharpening of the nebula and some colour adjustment.

/Lars

8194372644_2c6fc801ae_o.jpg

Thanks all for your comments!

Mick, the reason for binning the image was simply to get more signal in a short time since the weather here in Sweden has not been promoting astroimaging in any way this autumn.

For this picture, the intention was actually not to bin Ha, but that night the seeing was so bad that I decided to bin it anyway since there would be no advantage of a higher resolution

Simon, I could make a center crop but to be honest, it would only look fuzzier since it is already at 100% resolution.

/Lars

Archived