Narrowband

Could Someone Tell Me Where To Point My Scope?

I have a 25 with an AFV of 2.9 degrees so I am told (cant remember how they work it out,. another thread coming up), however I am told andromeda is three degrees so maybe need another EP but not just yet, piggy banks almost empty.

Perhaps you meant to say True FOV (TFOV). Apparent FOV is the design of the eyepiece and is fixed. So for Plossls (most common included in scopes nowadays) it's 50 deg.

TFOV will depend on focal length and aperture (that is, the f-ratio).

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is amazing to think that those "dust Lanes" probably contain a few million stars and maybe even a solar system similar to ours, truly amazing what you are viewing when you really think about it.....

Probably even more than a few million. I find it amazing to think something in my EP thats look pretty small and unimpressive (fuzzy blob) is actually this massive collection of stars and nebula and stuff and, thats so huge we cant even contemplate it.

Perhaps you meant to say True FOV (TFOV). Apparent FOV is the design of the eyepiece and is fixed. So for Plossls (most common included in scopes nowadays) it's 50 deg.

TFOV will depend on focal length and aperture (that is, the f-ratio).

Yes I realise this now. I gets mixed up with some of the terms yet, still being quite new to all this.

Archived