Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rethinking the Fireworks.

ollypenrice

While chatting to Sara about controlling bright stars I realized that I originally took this image with Yves a couple of years ago before I'd started using the RGB-only idea on field stars. This target is blessed (or cursed) with fine stars abounding, all determined to proclaim themselves brighter than the target galaxy! A prime candidtate for the RGB only system, which is what you see below.

TEC140 apo, Atik 4000 OSC and mono, HaLRGB. Can't remember the exposure times but there was planty of data.

Olly

NGC%206946%20HaLRGB%20TEC140-XL.jpg

Crop

NGC%206946%20HaLRGB%20TEC140CROP-L.jpg

WOW! and WOW! again! :) That is wonderful, really spectacular :) Just when I think I've seen the ultimate best you just do it again Olly :icon_salut: :icon_salut: That's a real beauty - lovely and a real joy to behold - thank you very much Olly for taking it and posting it :)

Excellent Olly - Not too dissimilar from mine!!!! Your resolution seems better and sharper than mine - Is this potentially due to my scope and camera combo? You've also got a little more colour, and smaller stars, and ........... and ...........!! Not much like mine at all then really!!!!!

Great reprocess - there was a load of stars in this one that's for sure.

Excellent Olly - Not too dissimilar from mine!!!! Your resolution seems better and sharper than mine - Is this potentially due to my scope and camera combo? You've also got a little more colour, and smaller stars, and ........... and ...........!! Not much like mine at all then really!!!!!

Great reprocess - there was a load of stars in this one that's for sure.

The TEC is a bigger scope, Sara, and it's about as good as they get optically. It easily out-resolves the Tak FSQ, just as it should.

1ST%20NIGHT%201-M.jpg

Still footling with this one;

NGC%206946%20HaLRGB%20TEC140cb%20Srgb-XL.jpg

Olly

Lovely image Olly , puts my meagre effort to shame yet again . . . :p . . . I did however go a little wider and include NGC 6939 in the mix .

I'm planning to have a closer go at them next time out , swapping the ED80 for the 200PDS to get the image scale a little nearer to yours and then hopefully stitch the two together .

I want to move over to the Horsehead then and go closer in and eliminate that pesky Alnitak from the equation.

Steve.

Archived