Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ganymede entering shadow

MisterT

Had some good seeing on the evening of the 10th / 11th Nov. Took a lot of avis using different settings with my 8" sct and DBK21.

I realised after processing that i had enough frames to produce a very rough and ready animation of Ganymeade entering Jupiters shadow. Not very good quality but i thought it looked kinda cool.

Have also posted my best image of the nights work.

Martin

post-9959-0-26546200-1353044430_thumb.gi

post-9959-0-74112600-1353044480_thumb.jp

Very nice Mister T, why does the moon disapear into blackness or am i being a bit dim ? :-), i think the 10-11th were the last good clear nights we had been cloudy ever since, i havn't had chance to even mount my DMK but i am looking forward to it. What processing did you use ? shooting details ? may help me a little too.

Very nice Mister T, why does the moon disapear into blackness or am i being a bit dim ? :-), i think the 10-11th were the last good clear nights we had been cloudy ever since, i havn't had chance to even mount my DMK but i am looking forward to it. What processing did you use ? shooting details ? may help me a little too.

its an animation of Ganymeade entering Jupiters shadow, where it is no longer alluminated by the sun

Thank you all for your kind comments

I had no intention of doing an animation that night and was changing gamma, gain and colour balance on nearly each 3min capture. I even rotated the camera a couple of times.

I am sure i could improve on it, but as it took so long to get it to this stage that might be a project for another time.

Martin

I make the mistake of processing the animation on a laptop and then noticed too late that it was was a bit red on my pc..

May redo when i have the time..

I am doing 30 fps with the gain quite high so noise is always an issue for me with my 8" scope.

Martin

These are superb images Martin. Absolutely love the animation of Ganymede - with detail visible - disappearing into Jupiter`s shadow. You can even see the curvature of the planet in the shadow. Would love to have had a look at this myself but have had mount power issues lately. Great work.

Best regards,

Ralph

Archived