SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Heart & Soul Nebulae in Ha 15/11/2012

Gina

Just managed to get most of the Heart & Soul in the frame using 200mm at f3.5. 19 lights of 120s at ISO 6400 and 13C stacked without any calibration frames in DSS and stretched, cropped and resized in PS. Saved as PNG.

post-13131-0-13339000-1353006814_thumb.p

Ah yes, you squeezed it in nicely! Perhaps if you rotated the camera slightly clockwise you'd have a little more breathing room.

Yes, that image is cropped horizontally and if the orientation is changed from portrait to landscape (or something near) I'll get everything in easily I believe. I have just bought a pair of tube rings to fit my ED80 and plan to mount my wide-field rig on that instead of the dovetail.

As it is the twin cameras with lenses are mounted on an aluminium plate which in turn is bolted to the dovetail underneath the main scope so no rotation is currently possible. With the tube rings I should be able to get a small amount of rotation and the orientation will certainly be better for the Heart & Soul than the current one which is almost the worst possible! :D

I shall probably have a good look at how the cameras and lenses are mounted and how the focus sleeve is driven with a view to enabling better rotation options.

Hi Gina I see you are getting on really well with the 200mm. I hope I have as much success as you with this very nicely shot image.

I havn't managed to get my lens to focus at infinity as the M42 adapter I got on ebay seems pants. So I have ordered another

Archived