Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Was it especially good seeing down here last night?

Eastridge

This morning at around 1 we had our best view of Jupiter since getting the scope, better by miles.

So, I am wondering if that is because we are getting better at this or because the seeing around here was particularly good last night?

I had been concerned that it would be poor with the weather forecasters talking about mist / fog and it feeling dewey at ground level.

Anyone else down here out and can comment?

Seeing on the Southcoast was very good also. We have had some hit n miss nights to be fair, even when clear the air quality has been poor. Dont forget the amount of rain this country has suffered in the last 24 months!.. taken it toll

Stick with it, and on those cloudy nights practice your collimation

Rob

I was out last night near Davidstow and although it was dark (about 6.3 nelm) and relatively cloud free the transparency (seeing) wasn't that great. I too had great views of Jupiter and managed to see the GRS (great pale spot at the moment) but I found that DSO's were quite dim and lacked detail. Still a good night tho.

I was out imaging last night and trying to get some decent subs of the Crab. I set up quickly with a good alignment and set the cameras going for 30 mins and went inside to check the footy. On getting back to the laptop I found I had some lovely narrowband subs of.......CLOUDS! :huh:

Archived