Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42 in Ha

Kai

Again like the last image,this is practising ready for last in the year.

I started imaging at around 5am (sorry i overslept :lol:) and the original plan before i overslept was to go for the Flame/Horsehead , but with only about a hour of imaging time i changed plan to M42 as its easy to see.

A stack of 25 frames @ 90 secs stacked in Maxim and adjusted in Cs2 , I added the false colour for something different.This was captured on the Ed80 with A baader 7nm ha filter through a 0.5 reduced Atik16.

If i could get rid of the "halo" around the nebula i recon i could pull some more detail out, but this is beyond my processing skills at the moment.

Anyway ..........

1637_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

And without the false colour

1638_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Good Un. Steve, and a good tweak on it Steve Flo.

Coming on in big strides now with the imaging. I think the processing learning curve is a steep one, as I will find out for myself in a short while.

Ron. :lol:

No the Ha has produced some nice wispy stuff Steve. Lovely job. I recognize the halo. It's down to dew, possibly on the objective but also could be on the cover plate in front of the camera chip or the filter. Best to keep a duster or something wrapped over the camera to reduce the risk.

I recognize the halo. It's down to dew, possibly on the objective but also could be on the cover plate in front of the camera chip or the filter. Best to keep a duster or something wrapped over the camera to reduce the risk.

I have suffered from this on the Atik cover plate Martin,Usually i catch this but i must of been asleep this morning.

Archived