SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mesu Mount

bluesman81

Hi all

Just took the plunge and ordered a Mesu Mount 200. Has anyone had any experience with these???

Any foibles that people know about???

When it arrives, i shall try to do an in depth review, and if it works out, then my NEQ6 pro will be up for grabs!!!!! :grin:

St4 cable required for guiding.

If you press the slew button, top row of buttons left one, to manually slew it remember to change back to guide by pressing the right hand button or it won't guide. Guiding turned off whilst fast slew selected.

To retain alignment keep the argo navis powered..

It won't track until you have done an alignment. Do a 1 star alignment and all your targets will be centered.

Balance with power to motors off.

To stop tracking flick the switch to off.

Connect your st4 cable to Aux/ag socket.

Errr...cant think of anything else at present!

You can do basic goto and nothing else. There is an ascom driver and it works with a few quirks.

You can't turn off tracking with it or park.

There is an updated driver under developement which should have a park feature.

At the moment it's not a mount for an automated observatory.

Just remember that what you are getting is a mount that always puts the target on the ccd then tracks with a low pe enabling 5s guiding with no stress involved and no lost subs-

I'll post on here when i manage to get an updated firmware.

There is no guiding via ascom it's all via st4.

See my review under the equipments section for more info.

Here's a silly question. Do you know how much room it needs with something like a 130mm Refractor mounted on it ?

I only have a six foot by six foot obsy with ROR with a fork mounted 10" SCT on a pier this can swing around easily without hitting anything

Does anyone know if a Mesu and refractor would need more room ?

Dave

Archived