WO GTF81 - any feedback?

Hi,

I am interested in the WO GTF81 primarily for astrophotography but also for some visual work. There's been very little feedback from searching on the net. I was wondering if anybody has used this scope or has heard of any feedback regarding the GTF81 from current users.

Thanks

DMLee

Not seen anything about it.

The presales hype came out, then the scope and it went quiet, very quiet.

I do see a few places advertising the scope, Ian King, TS and another Astro retailer in Germany so they appear to be available.

Not seen anything about it.

The presales hype came out, then the scope and it went quiet, very quiet.

I do see a few places advertising the scope, Ian King, TS and another Astro retailer in Germany so they appear to be available.

Hi Ronin,

Thanks for the reply,

I was drawn in by the presales hype but was wondering whether it does what it says on the tin before parting with some cash.

I am aware that there was some issues regarding this scope re: collimation but have no idea whether the issues have been ironed out or not. I notice that they have recently offered it in a package with the ioptron ieq30 mounts in the US, and to put it bluntly I was wondering whether all was well or whether they were trying to clear stocks after missing the mark.

I am still interested in the scope and if current users have no big issues to report, I will place an order, but in the absence of any form of review I am a little shy to part with my money. I guess the good thing is that it hasn't popped up on the second hand market yet which may suggest that current users are happy with their buy.

Was it the GTF-81's that Ian King sent back? I'm sure reading that he sent a load of scopes back, and I think it was this one. Didn't FLO also cancel their order as they weren't happy with them either?

Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is right.

Archived