SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Finally some progress, M45+M33 05/10/2007

cygnusx1

After what seemed ages the last 2 weeks waiting for the clouds to clear and a lot of practise, tampering, tinkering and testing my setup late into the night, here my latest creations into the dark art of astrophotography.

Pretty chuffed with M45, think it's my best to date.

Scopos ED66 on CG-5 GT, Canon 350D unmodded.

Not sure what the dark areas at bottom left of images are, suspect dew or finger marks on front lens??

post-13723-133877332135_thumb.jpg

Yep , excellent results :salute:

The black marks are probably muck in front of the sensor ( as CW said). I have several on mine but I use flat fields to remove them. Careful , gentle cleaning will remove them - kits are available to do this.

John

Excellent images. Can't wait to have a go at M45 myself - If I get one that good I'llbe happy.

Did you add the defraction spikes with software or a physical addition to the scope?

Ant

I bought Noels Actions a few weeks nback, and like the spikes on big stars, so yes, added artifically :lol:

Images stacked in DSS and processed in PS CS2.

Archived