Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Good Morning from Wilmington, DE

huesmapl

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High Pete and welcome to the forum. Nice collection of scopes you have there and it is good to get them all out from time to time. That's a comprehensive list you working through on double stars though my own available time has meant that I have made as much progress as I wanted to - retirement for me is a a little way for me and only a dream! :grin: :grin: Best of luck with the list and keep us informed of your progress.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Thanks again for all the welcomes.

Jake - Regarding "Sandy" we were pretty lucky and the worst part of the storm passed to the North through New Jersey.

James - Yes, retiremeant is still a bit of a dream for myself as well but it is one of those double edge swords ... more time to star-watch and other favortie endeavors but also closer to the final act.

Sim - I will check into that Sky at Night subscription ... although I may be asked by my better half why I need another supscription after "Astronomy" and "Sky and Tesescope".

Matthew ... were you there when Sir Patrick and the Sky at Night team visited the Baker Street Irregulars in London or the more recent episode (I think September) at their star party in the country side?

CLouds here tonight following a week-end of glorius clear nights ... time for bed.

Regards,

Pete

Unfortunately I missed the star party as explaining to a non astronomer cousin of mine why I would not have been at his wedding would have been beyond difficult. However I am signed up for the next star party in May, though I doubt the cameras will be rolling at that one. As far as TV programs go, we do think we are likely to be visited by cameras again in the coming months. Watch this space...

" Baseball fan?"

Dana

Twins and Phillies? I have some family in Minnesota and they are Twins fans of course ... I live near Philadelphia so I am gradually converting from a Yankee fan to a Philli Fanatic ... We go to about 6 Phillies games a year.

Regards,

Pete

Archived