Narrowband

Good Morning from Wilmington, DE

huesmapl

Came by this forum Sunday while looking for some basic information on element configuration in Eyepieces and decided to join.

I am strictly a simple visual observer and while I have acquired a couple SCT's and too many refractors, I mainly observe with an older FS-102 on a GM-8. When time allows I'll set up a C9.25 or Old AP 5" Superplanetary. I try to make star gatherings at local Dark Sky sites with friends but due to a fairly busy work schedule (Good to have work here these days although I am closing in on retirment quickly) I mainly observe from my Patio. The light polution from my Patio is typical and mainly view South to Zenith but still manage to have some really good nights. I like finding all objects but currently working through double star lists (Astronomy League's list of Double Stars). I look forward to participation in this forum.

Regards,

Pete

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I am impressed! Nice to see so many "welcomes" ... and really great to see the multi-nationality.

As a Chemist for a "Major Science Company" I've had the opportunity to travel quite a bit but mostly before I became more involved in Amateur Astronomy. I've traveled quite a bit to Japan, China, Korea, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Belgium and England. Now it is great to see this forum so internationally entrenched.

So, from England, are there any Baker Street Irregulars on the Forum? A colleague turned me on to "The Sky at Night" and Sir Patrick Moore. We don't get the show directly in the US as far as I can tell (I keep searching PBS) and we cannot download the viseo from the web site. I can get find a copy of a show here and there on the Web but would rather subscribe direct. If anyone has info on this great!

Well, "Hi ho, Hi ho, I Owe, I Owe so its off to work I go" ...

Regards,

Pete

So, from England, are there any Baker Street Irregulars on the Forum? A colleague turned me on to "The Sky at Night" and Sir Patrick Moore. We don't get the show directly in the US as far as I can tell (I keep searching PBS) and we cannot download the viseo from the web site. I can get find a copy of a show

I am a Baker Street Irregular. And there are others on SGL as well.

Archived