Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

earth titan

When will it ever end!!!

Looking at Sat24, the projection seems to be for the band of cloud to move northwards gradually and then stop directly above my house and not move any further. You can't make it up! :lol::BangHead:

(and I'm not joking, the line of cloud is exactly above where I set my little yellow location dot!

ah! .. my brother owns a rather big house in Teignmouth, it's now perched a bit closer to the edge of the cliff than it was when he bought it a few years ago. I expect you'll know which house I mean msh1.

if its the one near smugglers pub then yep i do know of it

and its now cloudy here i give up

if its the one near smugglers pub then yep i do know of it

Yeah

It started to get cloudy here around 9-30 to 10ish. I had a nice night and managed to get a few (i hope) subs of M1. Saw M31 in the bins. Yeah, it made a change being able to get the scope out. Now we need Fri and Sat evening/night to be clear for the Leonids.... What is the chance of that???

Been out since 2100, no cloud but the mist is causing the street lights to scatter light all over the place, just waiting now till midnight and see what happens when the lights go out, wondering what difference will it make.

Jim

Been out since 2100, no cloud but the mist is causing the street lights to scatter light all over the place, just waiting now till midnight and see what happens when the lights go out, wondering what difference will it make.

Jim

You are so lucky the lights go out!!!! How I wish our (I quote) "forward thinking council" would have the foresight to take this action. Probably dont do it because there is nothing in it for them. I think what we need is an astronomer on each council...

Well have just been watching the orange horizon on camera and a minute ago the lights went out, a complete change, except for the lights close in the whole place has gone dark, nice.

Jim