Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

When will it ever end!!!

earth titan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that sounds like a good forecast to me! (sad that it does, but it does).

I know what you mean!

Up until about 2 hours ago the forecast was for a clear, cold night here.

Wonder where that went?

Typed by me on my fone, using fumms... Excuse eny speling errurs.

IT cleared over nicely here last night and for once, I wasn't somewhere else. Sky Harbinger was giving cloud zero, seeing maximum, transparency average. Scope was out dead early and come the hour, the sky was awash with stars. Yippee!

What followed was a disapointing evening of barely visible DSOs and colourlless doubles. M42 was a faint wisp and M31 a blob without visible dust lanes. After all the waiting, I was gutted. Jupiter on the other hand was stunning and the atmosphere was even up to barlowing the 11mm for some 270x viewing. Great if you're into planets. I suppose it's some consolation and I must confess, it was the best I've ever seen it, but I'd built myself up to staying up into the wee hours. :(

I think I've had my 30mm ES82 for nearly a couple of months and I still can't genuinely say, that I've had something worth calling first light. Grrr!

Russell

As Alan Bean (of Apollo 12 fame) said, we should be privileged to have weather and after walking on the barren moon he should know right? There are lots of moons and worlds barren and lifeless due to there being no atmosphere......

Yes, Alan. Spend a few weeks in blighty and see if you still think that..... !

Checked one site for here and along the top in a new summary it says tonight as partly cloudy, and on the main bit it says Rain.

So same site, same place, same time 2 different forecasts.

I get used to 2 sites giving different forecasts but when one site has 2 different forecasts that really is a bit much.

Checked 3 sites in total to get: Clear, Partial Cloud and Rain.

Suppose one will be right, but which one.

Presently clear blue sky.

Checked one site for here and along the top in a new summary it says tonight as partly cloudy, and on the main bit it says Rain.

So same site, same place, same time 2 different forecasts.

I get used to 2 sites giving different forecasts but when one site has 2 different forecasts that really is a bit much.

Checked 3 sites in total to get: Clear, Partial Cloud and Rain.

Suppose one will be right, but which one.

Presently clear blue sky.

Yep, clear blue sky, no clouds in sight... It's been like this all day. Not even any wind.

Long as I remember the rain been comin' down

Clouds of mystery pourin' confusion on the ground.

Good men through the ages tryin' to find the sun.

And I wonder still I wonder who'll stop the rain.

Creedence Clearwater Revival Circa 1970

clear here in teignmouth got the scope out ready for tonight no doubt just as i have finished calibrating clouds will decend

ah! .. my brother owns a rather big house in Teignmouth, it's now perched a bit closer to the edge of the cliff than it was when he bought it a few years ago. I expect you'll know which house I mean msh1.

Looks not too bad (apart from the ancient Hg vapour lamp from the previous ice age that just won't die ;) ) out the front, so I may just get the ol' girl out tonight,

let her cool down, and see if I can do some jupiter gazin'!

Jupiter's already up, should be good later - assuming the sky doesnt turn opaque and Sodium II coloured... :/

It's clear here for the first time in more than a week. Unfortunately going out right now is not an option because my wife is helping out at cubs and I have to get our daughter into bed. If you hear screaming from the general direction of west Somerset some time around 9pm, that'll be because it's turned cloudy.

James

Archived