Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

Les Tilly

feed back please

I added some Sii from older data to my new rose version but instead of the traditional mix of Hubble palette or Bi color i mixed the 2 together using the blues from the Hubble into the core of the bi color version

What do you think does it work or not ?

http://upload.pbase....261939/original

Les

post-2909-0-61061500-1352652349_thumb.jp

Edited by Les Tilly
  • Like 1

I think that as soon as you decide to produce false colour image, you have free rein to colourise as you wish! Personally, I like the image as the colour contrasts help to bring out fine detail.

Yes it does look better :) That image is really beautiful :)

A bit artificial for my taste - but still beautiful. But then I am a bit of a stick in the mud when it comes to imaging. I like the natural look.

Not that I am in anyway qualified to comment! :laugh:

Cheers

Ian

I'am by no means experienced enough to say anything too technical but I believe that sometimes the artificial enhancement brings out things that would normally be lost. I for one think it's a wonderfull picture. :smiley:

i like it... it gives the outer cloud some density.

almost as if its swallowing up the inner nebula.

nice one..

I love the cobalt blue central part of the nebula, that really is stunning, nice palette choices and crispy contrast.

Ramin

Les, that is a really nice image, i like the combination of the colour in this version. As Steve said, you have free rein of what to do, and this is a really nice combination.

Hi Les!

The image looks too dark so I threw it into photoshop and the noticed that the black point is really clipped in all channels! the colours look nice but the overall whispyness has been reduced by the clipping!

Cheers and clear skies,

Matt.

Well executed. Can't give you an ideas of improvement as I am so new myself. In my eyes its stunning as it is.

Les, that certainly looks unique! I really like the way the combination has highlighted some features in the nebula I've never really noticed before - for example, the central wisps that show up as red in your image and the brown-looking patch of dust just above centre.

I am in no way, shape or form qualified to comment critically. However I can comment artistically and I think it looks awesome. Beautiful colours and detail.