Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Panicking now ...

daz

Kielder is so close and I have tons to get done beforehand and [removed word] all time to do it in :lol:

1. Reset the gear meshing on the mount (don't ask, its a long story)

2. Fit the TAL to the dual mount bar

3. Figure out which adapters are needed to get it to focus with the cameras

4. Buy/Find/Build a box for the new leisure battery and wire up for the inverter

5. Finish drying the tent from last weekend and re-pack

6. Pack everything for camping

7. Double-check everything in readiness

Trouble is:

Thursday Night - Spanish Class

Saturday AM - delivery of 10" OTA to Wolverhapmton

Saturday PM - Oxfordshire for a family do

Sunday - BAS 20th Anniversary Event

Monday - Alton Towers

Wednesday night - Committee meeting after BAS Event and 1st observing session of the season

Thursday 5:15am - Leave home for Kielder

So, I'm left with tonight (9pm onwards)

Saturday - maybe 3 hours

Tuesday night

Oh [removed word]! Going to be some late nights being put in!!!

Yeah, but I have to pay twice. Once to enjoy myself, and then to make it up to the wife!!! :D

:lol: Just kidding, my little-pool-of-acid! You know I love spending time shoe hunting :D :D

I couldn't make Kelling Heath or Kielder - and the mere fact that I couldn't make them has so far given lots of clear skies... so hopefully this will continue!

Hope you get everything sorted Daz, don't forget to try and get some sleep before you go in case its clear lots! :lol:

James

Steady !!!

Can our luck hold ?

Come on now chaps, none of this pessimism. Positive thinking from now on. Let's have none of this defeatism mentality.

I am not going, but I vividly remember the aftermath of Kelling Heath, and I would like some more so I can cement my determination to be at SGL4.

Ron. :lol:

Hi Daz,

Best bit of advice would be to keep it simple. I took far too much kit to Kelling and ended up not getting enough pictures taken due to the fact i was running between my various bits of kit and not concentrating on one thing long enough. I think I will just take the AstroTrac and Canon 400D and some binoculars and a list of what objects I want to image.

Heres hoping for clear skies cu all there soon

Kevin :lol::D

OK good progress last night!

TAL is now fitted to the mounting bars - good to go (just wish I could get a peek through it!!!)

Camping box is packed and ready to go

1/2 of tent is dry and repacked, 2nd half is drying - will repack tonight.

Have an old tool box which I *think* will fit the battery, just need to cable it and connect it to the power inverter

Tonight I'll do the worm mesh, make sure all the camera batteries and power packs are charged.

Feeling better now :lol::D

Its a game, innit!!!

Archived