Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Ewan

Which ones do i go for ?

Which filters for my DMK should i go for ?

These ............ http://www.firstlightoptics.com/rgb-filters-filter-sets/baader-lrgbc-ccd-filter-set.html

OR

These.............http://www.opticstar.com/Run/Astronomy/Astro-Accessories-Telescopes-Baader.asp?p=0_10_5_1_9_130

I have been advised to get a Baader UHC-S Filter but is a Baader Neodymium Filter worth getting as i have a 'bog standard' SW 1.25" LP filter ?

& i also need a C/CS to T-thread Adaptor to attach to my wheel as well which i have now found.

A tad more expensive but I would definitely get the Astronomik LRGB set rather than Baader.

(I love Baader products).

If you want to top it off then go for Astrodon.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nikolas74
      Selling my LRGB filters 36mm unmounted , because I decided to use only my Narrowband and to invest in something else that I want.
      The filters are placed inside my Atik EFW2 at the moment but I can send photos if someone is really interested , so I don't loose my cc'd setup position.
      Are in excellent condition ,sold in their original boxes.
      The filters are well known so not much words need to say.
      Some info you can find here at Astrodons site:
      https://astrodon.com/products/astrodon-lrgb-gen2-e-series-tru-balance-filters/
      The retail price is about £800 if I am not mistaken I will sell it for £500..............£375
      Other offers can be accepted within reasonable price 😀
      Payment via PAYPAL is accepted, buyer pays the fees.
      I post them from Athens Greece in A class shipment secured.
      I will pay the postage expenses.
      Thank you,
      Nikolas.

• By Gib007
      THIS ITEM HAS NOW BEEN SOLD.
      This listing is for my personal LRGB filters (Kayron from Light Vortex Astronomy). They are the Astrodon E-Series Gen2 LRGB 1.25" set. These are considered the highest-end LRGB filters money can buy, able to produce exceptional quality, colour-balanced images when paired with a good monochrome camera. For more information, please see Astrodon's website:
      https://astrodon.com/products/astrodon-lrgb-gen2-e-series-tru-balance-filters/
      Please note that this filter set currently retails at just over £560 from UK suppliers, €660 from European suppliers or $540 from US suppliers. Payment is preferred via bank transfer but PayPal is OK with an extra 2.9% to cover PayPal fees. I'll cover postage to you via tracked Courier. 
      I welcome any questions you may have regarding this listing. Thank you for looking. 

• By Gib007
      THIS ITEM HAS NOW BEEN SOLD.
      This listing is for my personal narrowband filters (Kayron from Light Vortex Astronomy). They are the Astrodon Hydrogen-Alpha (HA), Oxygen-III (OIII) and Sulphur-II (SII) 3nm 1.25" narrowband set. These are considered the highest-end narrowband filters money can buy, able to produce images of exceptional quality and incredible sharpness, cutting through a vast amount of light pollution. The 3nm variants featured here are fantastic for pulling out fine nebulous structures clearly above background. For more information, please see Astrodon's website:
      https://astrodon.com/products/astrodon-narrowband-filters/
      Please note that these three filters together currently retail at just over £1,710 from UK suppliers, €2,180 from European suppliers or $1,690 from US suppliers. Payment is preferred via bank transfer but PayPal is OK with an extra 2.9% to cover PayPal fees. I'll cover postage to you via tracked Courier. 
      I welcome any questions you may have regarding this listing. Thank you for looking. 

• By stardude07
      Hello,
      I have a question about filterwheels; SBIG filter wheels specifically. As far as I know they are the only ones that really use the 8 position filter wheels. So I have it loaded with L, R, G, B, Ha, OIII, and SII. So that is seven filters, what goes in the 8th slot???
      Thank you for your insight,
      Christopher
    • By Andy R
      Hello
      my first question (takes deep breath) I’m looking at buying a moon filter I have a nexstar 6se, now it’s possible I’ve had an information overload but I’m sure I read or watched a video that said SCT type scopes  dim the light of the image  because of the design  
      with that said the standard density of a moon filter I’m looking at (Baader Neutral Density Moon filters) is 0.9. Because of image being dim (if that’s correct)would I be better off getting a filter with 0.6 density to avoid the image being too dim.
      i know the filter is there to help your eyesight etc ive had the scope for a couple of days and haven’t actually used it during the night yet so I have no idea how bright the moon would be.
      Any advice would be much appreciated even to tell me I’m barking up the wrong tree 
      Andy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.