Narrowband

Any tips for getting your astro mojo going again?

To get my mojo going again, I usually just scan the seemingly empty sky for treasures or I get out to a DSS and observe for a few hours on end. I used to set up my little make whether it was cloudy or not and observed between the gaps. Now that's dedication. :grin:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"down tools and go skipping off.".......I don't think so. I'm self employed. So I only get payed for what I actually do.

I don't get payed for lunch breaks, holidays, or sickies.

I get payed for how much work I do, not how much time I spend in the office.

I'm in the same boat. I see it this way:

I am self-employed, but i also need a life. I make the time to do things i want to do and i make up for it later. I never set myself deadlines and i let clients know that i do not work to deadlines (i will always deliver close to any given deadline though). The price of my work is set out even before i start the job. I dont charge by the hour. So it really doesnt matter if it takes me 1 week or 2 weeks. I get paid the same amount.

All work and no play...................

You have to have time to yourself.

Rubbish weather for weeks on end does make you lose your astronomy mojo pretty quickly. You just need to get out there if even for 1 hr on a clear night and your mojo is reinstated.

Thanks everyone. The time it takes to setup is so long it becomes an issue. The Skywatcher ST80 which was supposed to be dualed up for keeping the camera locked on target seems like the better option most of the time.

How long does it take people to setup their mounts?

What gets me going is hanging out with the guys in my astronomy club. And hanging on SGL. Always gets my inspiration going, reading/hearing about what others have been cooking.

I really do need to get into a local club, get some tips and get chatting with people.

No pressure. Universe is not going anywhere soon. ...........

Best advice of the lot - never feel compelled to go outside just because the sky is clear and you spent all that money on your kit - took me years to learn that. Makes it all the more enjoyable when you ARE in the mood!

I feel the same way from time to time. I think it's when i've had a good few weeks without any observing sessions.

I generally find that one good long clear night out under the stars gets me going again.

D.C

Archived