Narrowband

Evostar 90/900

It should show nice views of the moon and brighter planets up to around 150x or so, under good conditions. 90mm is not a lot of aperture for deep sky objects though. Your 114/500 would be as good, if not a bit better, for those. The 114/500 will show a wide field of view too.

The Evostar should be pretty good on planets, although there could be some CA present.

It will not be great on DSO's as John says it isn't a large diameter, that being understood it is also a lot bigger then an eyeball.

If you could stretch to the extra cost, length and weight of the 102 then possibly a better all round scope.

Thanks. And what do you think about startravel 80/400 refractor? Is it good enough to observe planets? How about DSO?

The 80/400 would be OK for deep sky objects but not much use on the planets as it's short focal length generates false colour which messes up the views of the planets somewhat.

To be honest I would expect the 114/500 reflector to outperform the 80/400 on both DSO's and the planets so you are going backwards, performance wise, really.

If you could get a 100mm F/10 refractor like the Evostar 102 or the TAL 100 then you would have a scope that is better on the moon and planets and at least as good on DSO's as the 114/500 was.

Alternatively one of the Skywatcher 130mm F/5 newtonians would be a step up on both object types.

There is no substitute for aperture really.

Well i usually stargaze from my balcony in a city so i'am thinking of getting a compact refractor. And this 80x400 little thing attracts me :D And i think this scope would be great as a guide scope in future

I have a Startravel 80/400 as my grab ´n go - http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p3431_Skywatcher-Startravel-80---80-400mm-Autotracking-Telescope.html

Not the best refractor, a basic achro, my Stellarvue is of WAY better quality, but it is just so facile to set up, point it roughly north and the AltAz mount tracks good enough for visual, which is very useful. For observing nights with my astronomy group I just pick it up - the legs collapse - and I throw it in the car. A bit of false colour on planets but Saturn and Jupiter are still both magnificent sights, better with my Hyperions than the supplied eyepieces. Remember the best telescope is the one you use the most. Go for it if you fancy it. Good luck.

I have a Startravel 80/400 as my grab ´n go - http://www.teleskop-...-Telescope.html

Not the best refractor, a basic achro, my Stellarvue is of WAY better quality, but it is just so facile to set up, point it roughly north and the AltAz mount tracks good enough for visual, which is very useful. For observing nights with my astronomy group I just pick it up - the legs collapse - and I throw it in the car. A bit of false colour on planets but Saturn and Jupiter are still both magnificent sights, better with my Hyperions than the supplied eyepieces. Remember the best telescope is the one you use the most. Go for it if you fancy it. Good luck.

Thanks. Today i buyed ST80 .

Archived