Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Daniel-K

can someone answer this?

I was puzzled myself untill I read the first question at the side of the photo, same as yours and the answer was the photo was stitched together which allowed for the arm to be eliminated, it was photoshopped :).

Jim

Thats a great picture, Its probably done the same way they do the moving car shots you see in the car mags, they use a sucker mount with an arm then photoshop the arm out in postproduction..........either that or NASA never went to Mars ha ha :grin: :grin:

Who ever is driving Curiousity seriously needs a refresher course! :p

• Like 1

Gents, after a chat with my mate at Nasa, He sent me a copy of the "Unphotoshopped" original image. :grin:

post-15457-0-25554400-1352041136_thumb.j

• Like 9

Gents, after a chat with my mate at Nasa, He sent me a copy of the "Unphotoshopped" original image. :grin:

Very good. lol.

D.C

Love the pic Andy, what sort of Camera does the martian use i might buy one! :grin:

Allegedly, They use a Hasselblad they found lying around on the moon :grin:

Food for the nutty conspiracy peoples :) .. you will only have yourselves to blame lol.

• Like 1

Oh no , moon gates been rumbling on recently -

Lets not have mars gate as well ;)

If you superimpose a picture of Catbells in Cumbria over that mountain in the background at the right angle, they are a perfect match!!! :shocked:

That was a joke by the way. ;)

Allegedly, They use a Hasselblad they found lying around on the moon :grin:

:grin:

Ahh Ha! I thought I saw foot prints to the left of the rover. Someone at NASA goofed :grin: Knowing about all the conspiracy theories out there, WHY would they allow such a picture to further incite the public? Here we go again - "Did we really go to Mars" :confused:

They borrowed one of mine :)

HasselBlad_Heaven_by_KevLewis.jpg

The Mk70's in the cases are the same model that went to the moon

I do love medium format, I couldn't afford a "Blad" or Bronica, but had a lot of fun with me Mamiya 645