Soul Nebula, first narrowband

PNJ

Hi All

Here is my first Attempt at Narrowband Image with the Soul Nebula IC1848, using a TeleVue 101is & QSI 583. Astrodon filters. Sii Red, Ha green, Oiii Blue.

Ha 6 hours, Sii 4 hours, Oiii 4 hours, RGB 30mins each

A very big learning curve i must say trying to process, so very much open to suggestions and advice. I tried combining the RGB stars, by first neutrilising the stars, (whiteish) then using Pixel math in pixinsight to combine the RGB data.

Paul J

post-2387-0-63938700-1352027258_thumb.jp

Cracking NB debut, Paul. I don't know anything about NB imaging other than adding it to RGB but that looks great to me. I think there's maybe something going on with the darker sky around the bottom of the pic but not the top. It has a slightly over smoothed look. Don't have a clue as to where that's coming from though.

This wasn't from a dark site? Amazing.

Olly

Hi all

thanks for your comments, gonna try improve the processing, the darker sky around the bottom area might be from pixinsights dynamic align tool or something, will look into this, thanks for pointing it Olly.

Yea quite pleased considering it was taken from Home location with lots of street lights around, even thou i used narrowband. but def a plus for the TeleVue 101is , next time out i gonna use the 0.8 reducer, it will give around f4.5 or something i think.

And of course all of my subs were 2x2 binning.

Paul

Archived