Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep14_banner.thumb.jpg.27eb9b06c9c8a1fe5ac3bae21c92743b.jpg

Uranium235

M33: With added fireworks

Last night I managed to get out nice and early (6pm) in order to add a few missing bits to my M33 data. First a complete green channel, followed by a dose of Ha, then some more luminance to top it off. Processing was still tricky becuase I have no calibration frames for my binned subs, so I had to manually take out the odd blemish and give it a heavy dose of HLVG.

The Ha was added using a 60/40 mix with the red channel, which really skewed the colour balance so I had to re-balance it all in PS.

I would have liked it all unbinned, as we all know its been a case of "grab it while you can" this year. I might be a good subject to return to once I get the twin ED80 setup complete. Need to sort out a mounting method first though, as I doubt the feeble tube rings you get with it would make for good piggybacking. Im just trying to decide between the losmandy/vixen sizes - whether to have two vixen saddles on a losmandy bar, or to have it all vixen (which is about 50 quid cheaper).

M33: Triangulum Galaxy

24x600 (L), 8x240 (Ha, RGB 2x2bin)

ED80 (0.85x), Atik 314L+, NEQ6

Setpoint: -15

Thanks for looking :)

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=76235

post-5513-0-20582800-1351957652_thumb.jp

Looks good with the added Ha. I've got an M33 on the boil as well so I think I'll be adding sone Ha after seeing yours :)

Ah yes, what MartinB memorably described as the 'Bling look!' It has given the image a nice twinkle.

Olly

• Like 1

Very nice :)

Hmm... Twin ED80s - yeah - Like it :) Something to think about :D I've already got a twin wide-field setup :)

Thanks guys :)

Though something tells me I may have not seen the back of this one yet. To be honest, I think all the clour needs to be unbinned, plus another shedload of luminance. Olly wasnt joking when he said this was a bottomless pit!

The Ha certainly brings out the star forming regions. Nice work!

Very nice! The Ha has definitely done the trick and you've picked the right time to show us all those fireworks :)

I look forward to seeing the dual shooter at SGL8 if you get it set up in time!!

The Ha was added using a 60/40 mix with the red channel, which really skewed the colour balance so I had to re-balance it all in PS.

Have you tried subtracting the other channels from it? It worked reasonably well for my M31, just needed to manually remove the remaining star outlines.

Good work - that Ha definitely adds. I'm currently doing this target with the 314L+, what subs did you use for the RGB? 8x240s on each binned at 2x2?