Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Jem7

Help with Information in your signitures

Good evening ladies and gents,

I see from members signitures to their posts that its quite popular to add a type of progress report of their observing sessions. For example it is common to see how many Messier objects they have observed or Herschel Objects. Some list their progress on their NGC catalogue progress. I have managed to find the information regarding most of these.

However, can someone please point me in the right direction for the Moon list that I keep seeing. I see some SGL members have a list of a possible 100 Moon objects. I dont seem to be able to find any information for this, and im interested to see what the list contains.

Thanks

It's a great list - I printed it off and laminated it to use on observing sessions - now covered in notes and scribbles :rolleyes: The only thing I will say is that the number ont he map are pretty difficult to read under a red light - wish I'd gone over them before I laminated it.

Thanks for that, I take Sky and Telescope on subscription but missed that entirely!!

It's been around for a number of years now so if you started your subscription in the last couple of years it would have been quite possible to miss it entirely :smiley:

Lovely night with the Moon last night - I find it makes a difference to deep sky stuff, never complain when it comes around again :grin: