sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

!2v down to 6v..... how

I have a few 12v, 7ah SLA batteries I use for dew straps etc, but I want to reduce the output to 6v to power a Synguider. How do I do it, or is there an easier way. I did think about getting a 6v battery, but that means getting another charger as well. I would like to use what I already have an ample supply of.

Bingo !!! top man. That looks just the job. I have the female cigar lighter connections on the batteries. This would plug straight in. All I will have to do is change the connecter to fit the synguider.

I had one for a scope, long time back, but a connection or bit of the circuit went wrong. Cannot complain as I had it for quite a few years.

So I looked up getting another, that is why I know they exist.

That one seems to have 3 male plugs (possibly 4) for the power out, cannot get information on the size.

Also there is this one:

http://www.amazon.co...7879911-7915323

Seems Amazon sell it at £15:62, while others sell it at £12.99. It hs a few more end bits.

All I need to do now is get myself one.

Edited by ronin

My 1100D is supposed to be 7.4v but a charged battery is around 8.1v. I use 7.8v from a switch mode 2A unit from China. I use these to supply 5v too. I have added an overvoltage crowbar though - just in case these ultra cheap units fail.

I may look into this for my 5d3's in the future. As much as I am impressed with the battery life in everyday shooting, (about 800 shots, or all day at a wedding) I only get just over an hour continuous use doing subs. An abilty to run longer without running out of juice might be good if out at a dark site somewhere. It would have to be small, light and portable, and battery powered.

• 3 weeks later...

My 1100D is supposed to be 7.4v but a charged battery is around 8.1v. I use 7.8v from a switch mode 2A unit from China. I use these to supply 5v too. I have added an overvoltage crowbar though - just in case these ultra cheap units fail.

How did you connect to the camera Gina. I notice that the battery has 4 terminals???????????

How did you connect to the camera Gina. I notice that the battery has 4 terminals???????????

There was another thread on this issue and this was highlighted. A more elegant solution I would think: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC-Adapter-Canon-ACK-E10-ACKE10-EOS-1100D-Rebel-T3-/110706024115?pt=UK_Camera_Cables_Adapters&hash=item19c697deb3

The camera uses 3 connections. Negative, Positive and a sensing connection. When running off an external source the sensing connection needs connecting to the negative. This is how the proper Cannon battery eliminator connects. Edited by Gina

I've started to invest in these dc-dc regulator boards with the LM2596 regulator driving into dummy batteries for my Canons. http://www.ebay.co.u...=item43ab6b9b92 as long as the input voltage is 1.5v above your adjustable output voltage they are fine. They also have plenty of power available, upto 3A. One benefit of using them is even if the battery voltage drops below 12v they will continue driving the cameras at the correct voltage