Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Been an absolute age, but back up and running : Quick Wizard

Catanonia

Hi all again, been away for an age what with losing my job, problems with wifes health, retail park being built behind my garden and above all a broken CCD and mount all in the last 4 months.

I have missed all of the good skies we have had recently, but eventually I have sorted out a few things.

1. CCD now, eventually, refurbished from China and working.

2. NEQ6Pro has been stripped and rebuilt by myself

3. Wife is better

4. Retail Park, been a busy campaigner and even ran for towm council to get the points across. Looking like it will be rejected on traffic, but it will go on for years

5. Job, lost my job, time to move on. Good news is that I am now contracting and potentially earning 2x as much in a very exclusive market.

So eventually after all of the stripping, re-calibratting, re-laerning of how it all works (amazing how much you forget if you don't play) I managed to get 4 x 10 minutes HA of the Wizard Nebula NGC 7380 to test the refurbed kit out. I was hoping for a full night, but the clouds came in against the BBC forecast. Amazing how things never change eh :)

SO on my SuperNewt 800m @ F2.8 with a QHY9M CCD in Ha 8nm. 4 x 10 minutes roughly processed to an image.

Nice to be back in the saddle again, although with my contract work, doubt how much time I willl be able to devote to astro now.

Here she is, be gentle, it has been MONTHS sine I last played.

NGC%207380%2040m%20Ha.jpg

Cat

Haven't forgotten too much then. Nice image. I was wondering, do you know what the skies are like along that lane that runs from the salt works to Crewe? I live in Newcastle and have done a bit of work in sandbach so was wondering if it's worth a look. :confused:

Scott.. :smiley:

Welcome back. Sounds like you've had a tough time recently, so glad to hear everything's back on track :)

It's a great nebula to return to, you have plenty of signal coming through so should turn into a very nice image once you have more data.

Likewise, let me say well done on getting through a lot of issues both on the home front & astro front, must have been a tough time for you - but take heart that this is a really nice image packed with detail & sharp so you've lost none of your skills here!

Great to see you back. I wondered where you'd been. Excellent comeback, though I'd ease off on the PI Hard Processing, personally, (though Harry would say the opposite and tell you to put your foot down!!) It's a great image and has something to say about the object. Always a good sign. No, very good, very good indeed. You haven't forgotten anything.

Encore!

Olly

Archived