Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Them nights be cold.

FarSide

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As pointed out in previous posts, depending on where your located, wind chill could be the crucial one to insulate from. Other than that frequent hot drinks and snacks such as nuts / raisons with high calorie intake are good for keeping the core body pretty insulated. Then of course there is the option of a quick run around or a few star jumps around the observation site - just dont knock over any equipment!

Skiing sallopets, Helly Hanson top, fleece, buffalo jacket, fleece hat, buff (mucho important) two layers of socks and coffee.

Toasty as a toasty thing from planet toast.

Typed by me on my fone, using fumms... Excuse eny speling errurs.

Oh Yeah. .. Radio 4 xtra as well - cos I'm feeling old.

It's all high fashion here! Not! I wear thermal long johns and vest, long sleeved top, trousers, fleece,

hat, gloves, UGG boots and a coat that keeps me warm to -10 degrees so I'm nice and warm. It takes me so

long to get ready though that I lose the want to go out sometimes!

bunch o jessys lol.........

i was out the other night for quite a while wearin' just a tshirt jeans hoody nd sneaks (must admit tho' a was a little chilly! lol

You come from Cornwall, you guys have freezer units down there to try and cool the place down!

Lol i don't think Vogue would at all be interested in bobble hats, North Face fleeces and coats and fur lined workman's boots. You never know though, we may start a new astronomers fashion.

It's a good job nobody can see us!

Thermal base layer (x2 if it's really cold); good quality fleece; sheepskin lined hat; gloves; and a lovely down jacket from the chaps that make them for Rannulph Fiennes (PHD) - I reckoned that Rannulph Fiennes, apart from being a complete nutter, probably knows a thing or two about trying to stay warm.

I wear a merino wool base layer & Buffalo six shirt. These are really warm.

Then if I'm out longer than half an hour and its well into minus temperatures, I put a North Face down parka over the top.

Hands: Gul helmsman gloves

Legs: Ski trousers with braces from Decathlon

Feet: Hiking boots & wool socks

Head: woollen hat

So far,this lot has kept me warm all the way through to dawn, no matter how cold it gets.

Archived