SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

£60 Extra For The 17.3mm??

Damo636

The Delos range all seem to be a chunk more expensive apiece than the equivalent Pentax XW's. If I was in the market for 70 degree / 20mm eye relief eyepieces I'd have to think hard about my loyalty to Tele Vue given the performance and build quality that my Pentax XW's have.

I suppose some of the Delos might plug gaps in the XW line up though.

Sorry Al :sad:

Whilst now John you will be preferring the XW's, the fact that production has stopped and they are becoming very rare now, TeleVue could easily add more new eyepieces to the Delos line up :angel:.

Mind you, as you say, you could just plug the holes with the XW's.

Whilst now John you will be preferring the XW's, the fact that production has stopped and they are becoming very rare now, TeleVue could easily add more new eyepieces to the Delos line up :angel:.

Mind you, as you say, you could just plug the holes with the XW's.

The one that was discontinued was the XO and the 2" XW. I haven't heard any news about the 1.25" XW being discontinued. The 1.25" XW are used in Pentax's spotting scopes, so it's unlikely the supply for them will be affected. Unless Pentax announced they are leaving the sport optics market as well.

The one that was discontinued was the XO and the 2" XW. I haven't heard any news about the 1.25" XW being discontinued. The 1.25" XW are used in Pentax's spotting scopes, so it's unlikely the supply for them will be affected. Unless Pentax announced they are leaving the sport optics market as well.

My mistake :angel:. Thanks :).

Btw, if you are interested in the 17.3 mm as I am, have a look at the exchange rate and ad the 10% TV discount TS will give you if you ask them, its a juicy saving of 60 £ compared to the local offers :)

Not so much the 17.3mm but would really like to reacquire the 6mm. I had one for a short time & thought it was absolutely superb! I had my eye on something else though, so eventually decided to use the Delos to part fund the purchase. I might try and slip one in under the radar before the sale ends :-)

Oh, I nearly forgot, I also want a 5mm XW!

My mistake :angel:. Thanks :).

After you mentioned XW may be discontinued, I went to check Pentax Japan's website, and rather worryingly the 3.5XW and 5XW are no longer listed in the English version of that site.

They are still listed in the Japanese version of the site which filed XW under astronomy rather than sport optics, but this is a worrying development nevertheless.

http://www.pentax.jp/english/products/binoculars/scope/xw/index.html

http://www.pentax.jp/japan/products/telescope/eye/xw/

I don't understand the extra cost either, as michael said for us they are cheaper than the Pentax, 3.5mm -20mm. All are priced at 345 Euros which at todays rate is 278.22 pounds, that in itself is a few pounds less than UK prices. I have paid the UK prices myself for the Delos lower range only because of the terrible service i have received from German sources.

I would like to know when we can expect the other members of the range to roll up, I want a 4.5mm too

Alan.

I would like to know when we can expect the other members of the range to roll up, I want a 4.5mm too

Alan.

My 8mm arrived from Telescope House this morning Alan, two minutes later another van arrived with my scope!

Should be an interesting first light. :)

Archived