SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Talks / Workshops

daz

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would certainly appreciate any tips/workshops re: DSLR photography(astro), Image processing and perhaps PA. I would also like to say that although I am very new to this game I welcome any advice, or anyone who just wants to drop by for a nose or a chat / has any questions feel free :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks everyone! Great suggestion Ant, and thanks to everyone who has volunteered their time!

The main points I have then, are:

DSLR Imaging - Daytime and Night time

Setting up and using EQDIR

Setting up an EQ Mount

Collimating a Newtonian

Astro image processing

What we'll also have in the Welcome Tent is some large sheets of paper where you can put your name and anything you need assistance with. Then, we'll be able to find someone who has some knowledge in that area to help you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Definitely want to learn more about collimation, especially if someone has info on the Farpoint collimator which I purchased but comes with no instructions at all. Dobservers dob will need collimating properly since I put Bobs Knobs on it..

Any specific bit?

I've not really got into it at all Nick, but I know it has some powerful tools. So a beginner's walk-through with some real data would be great :-) Ideally I'd like to understand what each function does, not just learn what to do but why to do.

Helen

PS I noticed you said you're bringing your soldering iron - would you mind doing a quick soldering lesson too? :-)

Archived