Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_supernovae_remnants_winners.thumb.jpg.a13d54fa405efa94ed30e7abd590ee55.jpg

daz

Talks / Workshops

I like the idea of a more personal tutorial to collimation. Websites just don't give you the help that an actual person could! You could also do Solar viewing B)

Learning to do astrophotography on a budget would be great as well!

• Like 1

Would certainly appreciate any tips/workshops re: DSLR photography(astro), Image processing and perhaps PA. I would also like to say that although I am very new to this game I welcome any advice, or anyone who just wants to drop by for a nose or a chat / has any questions feel free :D

oh dear,

all of the above (except the fly fishing) but I'm only there Thurs to Sun, not gonna be nearly enough time, need to work out my priorities.

Thanks everyone! Great suggestion Ant, and thanks to everyone who has volunteered their time!

The main points I have then, are:

DSLR Imaging - Daytime and Night time

Setting up and using EQDIR

Setting up an EQ Mount

Collimating a Newtonian

Astro image processing

What we'll also have in the Welcome Tent is some large sheets of paper where you can put your name and anything you need assistance with. Then, we'll be able to find someone who has some knowledge in that area to help you.

Is there a list of people who are available to help with specific issues? If not, perhaps it would make sense to have such a list with their pitch numbers and areas of expertise alongside?

Not yet - I shall be going through in detail and canvassing!

Daz - I'm happy to help with photography and Photoshop on a one to one basis...

• Like 1

Definitely want to learn more about collimation, especially if someone has info on the Farpoint collimator which I purchased but comes with no instructions at all. Dobservers dob will need collimating properly since I put Bobs Knobs on it..

Hi DAZ,

Given the weather forecast on the BBC this lunchtime for next week, I am wondering if anyone would

be interested in how to use an ice-axe and crampons?

Cheers

Adrian

1-1 please DLSR cannon 60da and or 500d modded

many thanks

Firefox-Dave

The Black Art of Pixinsight..... Please :-)

Helen

The Black Art of Pixinsight..... Please :-)

Any specific bit?

Any specific bit?

I've not really got into it at all Nick, but I know it has some powerful tools. So a beginner's walk-through with some real data would be great :-) Ideally I'd like to understand what each function does, not just learn what to do but why to do.

Helen

PS I noticed you said you're bringing your soldering iron - would you mind doing a quick soldering lesson too? :-)

I'd also like a PI lesson!!

I can try giving some guidance about PI.. bit there's likely some experts out there :D

I am interested in one shot colour processing as I have an Atik 428. I am also interested in Photoshop Processing.

regards

AstroLandrover